SENIOR ENGINEERING GEOLOGIST
Our client is currently seeking a senior engineering geologist. The successful candidate should be chartered, educated to degree level in geology, engineering geology or civil/geotechnical engineering and have previous relevant experience in these disciplines.
The role will include a wide range of field and office-based tasks including;
1. preparation of geotechnical desk studies, walkover inspections and geological mapping
2. development of conceptual ground models,
3. assessment of the stability of rock faces and soil slopes,
4. planning and implementation of ground investigations,
5. geotechnical logging of engineering soils and bedrock,
6. preparation of ground investigation reports (GIR) and geotechnical design reports (GDR),
7. mentoring less experienced members of the team.
The successful candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic and be able to communicate ideas concisely through drawings, presentations and in writing. A valid full UK driving licence is required. They will offer a competitive salary for this full-time, site and office-based position.
This is an ideal opportunity to work within a small independent consultancy based in the Southwest.
If you are interested, please send through your CV.